SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to access both Web as well as Windows application in same test case?

How to access both Web Application as well as Windows application in same test case?

eg. I want to type some text in an HTML Form then copy this text and paste it into Windows Notepad, which I want to recopy in from Notepad back into another HTML Form.

How do I do this in the same test case?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to access both Web as well as Windows application in same test case?

Why? This doesn't make sense. You could just use STRING Variables and then you could have the text whenever, wherever you wanted. eg.

STRING sMyFormText1 = "First Name"
    STRING sMyFormText2 = "Last Name"

browser.browserchild1.txt1StNm.SetText ("{sMyFormText1}")
    browser.browserchild1.txtLastNm.SetText ("{sMyFormText2}")

browser.browserchild2.txt1StNm.SetText ("{sMyFormText1}")
    browser.browserchild2.txtLastNm.SetText ("{sMyFormText2}")

you can declare multiple variables in a global include file, within the suite or in a script. It's your choice.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prasad

First I agree with the Wood Man on this. There is no reason why you need an intermediate application to act as "scratch pad" when you can use variables.

However if there is a real reason for you to test an application that Silk supports along with the Web, I don't know of any restrictions that stop you from doing Just that!

I believe I had to actually do testing between a web interface and a client app simultaneously with Silk. There is no "trick" to it you record frames and use statements inside a normal Silk "web test" (or vis a versa).

I think if I ran into any troubles I would have remembered it (of course I never remember good experiances .. ahh the life of a tester)

But it was about a year ago and in this valley that is ancient history.

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 12-21-2000).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all you need is to pass data then I agree with previous posts that you should simply use a global variable.

I had this same situation to deal with because the actual testcase explicitly called for a copy-and-paste approach. So what I did was record a few NotePad and related window decs, added the needed methods to the window decs, then the scripting part was a breeze.

The attachment contains the window decs and a sample testcase that's a snip-it from my actual scripts.