SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 5.0.3.2 is available

It wasn't there late yesterday but I found it this morning. On Segue's web site under Customer Service then Downloads.

I have installed it on one machine (NT4/SP6a) and am beginning to figure out what's different. My AUT is a java client but I do have to use a browser to verify functionality. And yes, I am "testing" it on a build that I previously ran ALL of my scripts on so I know exactly how everything works/behaves with SilkTest 5.0.3.1. The only thing that's different is the Silk version.

Lots of browser issues have been addressed including DOM/VO specific things. This doesn't affect me so I only scanned the info.

Those of you who are dissatisfied with the results file might find some good stuff in this patch. Supposedly there's new functionality to write results to a SQL or MSDE database. Sounds cool but I'm fine with the results file so I won't be pursuing this area right away.

There are some performance upgrades that might appeal to some of you. Lots of bug fixes too. And they even included some known problems and work-arounds in the release notes.

Right off the bat I found a difference in behavior. Recall that my AUT is a Java client app - no browser. Previously a treeview.GetSelText did not include the top-level part of the full tree item but now it does. Good thing all of my affected code is in a few functions so I only had to make updates in one place! Example: When the tree is full collapsed I see the tree name as "treetop". When I expand one level I see items "item1", "item2", and "item3". When I expand "item2" I see "item2A" and "item2B". Previously, wehn I select "item2A" then do a GetSelText it would return "item2/item2A" but now it returns "treetop/item2/item2A". The "treetop/" prefix is new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 5.0.3.2 is available

I also found some browser issues. Previous HtmlPushButton and HtmlTextField controls are now seen by Silk as simply HtmlText. I can still Click on what I know as a pushbutton so all seems workable there. But ...

1. The index tag values on many of my HtmlText fields are now different and that really screws things up. Unfortunately, the "index" is the only tag value available for some of these controls. [Boy, I yearn for those PowerBuilder days when I had a windowID for every control!]

2. Being that my HtmlTextFields are now HtmlText, the SetText method no longer works. Not only that, but from the investigation I've done it appears that Silk cannot see the control at all when it doesn't yet have a value so I can't just use SetFocus and TypeKeys to work around not having SetText. I did finally come up with a very ugly work-around that I can live with only because I literally have one and only one HtmlTextField type control to deal with.

I am working on an e-mail for Segue Tech Support and will send it before I go home tonight. Will keep y'all posted.

[This message has been edited by pcostigan (edited 12-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by pcostigan (edited 12-19-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold the update friends !
    I just updated with 5.0.3.2, tried to run a test, and found the java extension to be broken.

The java console displays the following: (over and over)
    JDKVersion = 1.2.2

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: getAgentOptions at segue.io.EkPro.run(EkPro.java, Compiled Code)

I'll keep you all posted.

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 12-20-2000).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got it working.
    It might have been my fault.

I did a complete uninstall of SilkTest.
    Rebooted. Installed 5.0.3. Rebooted. Installed the 5.0.3.2 patch. Rebooted.
    Everything seems OK.

The release notes claim: "modifications made to the Java extension result in approximately 100% improvement in record and playback speed".

While I would not claim that it runs at infinite speed :-), it does seem a bit faster !
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.0.3.2 looks good to me.
    The link with Java is much more stable and it is significantly faster.

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 12-21-2000).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ended up sending 4 e-mails to Segue Tech Support. Got the automated response with their ticket number but haven't heard anything else yet. Here's a summary of the 4 issues:

1. Treeview.GetSelText return value now includes the outermost node of the tree.
    2. HtmlTextField and HtmlPushButton fields are now being seen as simply HtmlText.
    3. Frame tag being based on first visible field rather than first field in actual frame (when scrolled down so first field is not in view).
    4. Still can't do Verify Properties.

[This message has been edited by pcostigan (edited 12-21-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bug about HtmlTextField and HtmlPushButton controls being seen as HtmText is resolved.

Another reboot this morning cleared it up. I know I rebooted a few times since I did the upgrade but evidently something new finally happened today. A mysterious solution, but the problem is no longer reproducible. Sometimes we QA folks just have to accept "cannot reproduce" with a guess as to why it happened in the past and move on.