SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Identifying HtmlImages + HtmlTables

Hi,

I'm relatively new to SilkTest (Version 2.4.1), so please excuse me, if my questions have been asked before.

We are developing a Web Application with highly dynamically pages. All of the pages are of the same structure: a menu bar on top, a navigation bar in the left column of the pages, and the controlling HtmlImages (Submit, Cancel, etc.) on the lower row.

I have now encountered problems with identifying these controlling HtmlImages. The recorded Tag Information does not remain constant, i.e. neither caption, prior text, index, window Id and location of the HtmlImage can be assumed to always take the recorded value, so not even multitagging helps. It would be very helpful, if I could access the information given in the HTML source of the page, e.g., I could identify the images "submit.gif". Is there a way to achieve this, respectively another way to solve this problem?
    The GetLocation() method won't work in our case.

A second problem that I have encountered are HtmlTables. Since the layout of the HTML pages is done with the help of tables, there are many nested tables, e.g. to separate the content from the navigation bar, etc. Silk Test does not seem to recognize any of the HTML tables, i.e. it displays only HtmlTexts, even if these texts are ordered in a table.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Best Regards

Robert Geisler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Identifying HtmlImages + HtmlTables

Hello,

HtmlTables.
    I am having problems with HtmlTables using Silk too. Unfortunatelly, this is a bug ( i've already reported it to Segue, till now no answer..)... But what it seems if in the first row of the table, the text area of a column is not long enough (< 30 chars). Silk recongnizes as another table, or another object.. ( i know it doesn;'t help....but just to let you know that there are problems there)

HtmlImages..
    I don't know exactlywhat do you have but ( you told that these Images are in bottom of the page...) Are there any images before in the same page that dinamically changes?.... Cause if it is you need to use the caption and if you cannot get it I suggest the use of CustomWins ( to declare the set o buttoms (images)) , because indexes you will not be able to use. IF you are sure that the Images on page does not change.. just use the index...

Another issue. Are you able to see all the Images you wanna identify. Or you see just as one image the set o images....? There's some workarounds for that......

OBS- As far as i'm concerned.... Silk does not look at Html source.

Mauro