SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highlighted text not $BackColor?

I need to verify that some text is highlighted by a Web application I'm testing. The Web application turns the color behind the HtmlText or HtmlLink object yellow, which to me, seems like it has set the $BackColor to yellow. However, it says the $BackColor is white! So, what does SilkTest consider the yellow highlighting to be, if not the $BackColor, and how do I verify it?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Highlighted text not $BackColor?

Yoobi,

I've only found 2 ways of testing this as SilkTest doesn't seem to cater for it.

You can either do a bitmap check

or

Use typekeys to do a control-c to copy any highlighted text and then check the contents of the clipboard using Clipboard.GetText().

hope that helps

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Highlighted text not $BackColor?

The way I do this is to make sure that I have a good unique tag for the object containing the text in the include file, then you can record a verify method for the textfield.In the list of string inside the verify, select SelectedText, if the text will always be the same, you have the answer you need because it will fail if the text is not selected. If the text changes, create a STRING variable and substitute the variable's name for the actual text. Make sure that you read the expected value into the string variable before the verify.

In either case, realize that unless you are concerned with what color the background is, the verify stat will fail if the text is different or not selected. I almost always nest this inside a Do Except statement because the testcase will end if it fails and you will probably want to continue if it is a non critical error.