User Tag List

ss
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Declaration

I am testing a web application and this problem is very common.

There are multiple windows with the same tag.How do I make it identify each window diferently????
    When I try to name the identifier of each window differently then it identifies that particular window not with the identifier I defined but some other identifier having the same tag.

[This message has been edited by ss (edited 12-12-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window Declaration

When the application doesn't have unique captions for each page, and you record declarations, you'll get incorrect identifiers. You have a few choices. 1) Use dynamic instantiation to refer to the objects and don't declare windows. You can still write functions. 2) Don't use recording. Use scripting and refer to the correct object. 3) Use minimal declarations, try to avoid using Class Index "#1" tags, instead try to find unique captions.

Hope this helps

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Window Declaration

You may want to bring up the SilkTest Online Help and check out the examples described in the topic "multitag statement".