SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Retrieving .txt test plans and running test

It would be nice to know why you are using Word Pad and .txt for your test scripts test plans instead of using the built-in 4Test Editor and Silk Organizer for saving your scripts as .t and your plans as .pln.
    Wouldn't you like SilkTest to do the syntax validation automatically for you while using the 4Test editor plus a lot more other nice features that you won't get using Word Pad?

You keep mentioning about your bad experience in your Segue Training Class(es). I guess I was lucky enough to have had Mr. John Green and David "the sky diving" Reed as my instructors years ago. But, that has happened already (like what a song says "There's No Rewinding, No Replay") and no matter how much you complain about it, Segue is not going to offer you to retake their courses for FREE. You just have to concentrate on practicing more with SilkTest. You don't even have to have the User's Manual with you since the Online Help covers that already. Keep playing around with the examples provided in the SilkTest installation and you'll be on your way to learning SilkTest faster rather than trying to recall your notes from your training class. If that's not enough, then try taking private lessons. I think John Green and his Automation Expertise staff are out there waiting for someone like you to call!

[This message has been edited by Gilbert (edited 12-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Gilbert (edited 12-09-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retrieving .txt test plans and running test

I made a set of several small tests and saved them in .txt (word pad). I now want to run the individual test again. I know it can be done I read it in the Users Guide, but cannot find it again. Can someone tell me where to find it in the Users Guide or how to do it. I guess it's Friday and I must be suffering from HLR (Head Like a Rock). Thanks and have a good weekend.

------------------
    Rowland
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Retrieving .txt test plans and running test

Thanks for the kinds words. We are currently providing a free Silk Organizer tutorial at www.automationexpertise.com.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com