Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Silktest is unable to open some result files

Hello everybody,

I use Silktest 2008 R2 (on Win2003 R2 SP2)and have sometimes the problem that after a test had run, Silktest is unable to open some result (.res) files (tried it inside the Silktest Project and tried to open the res file from the Windows Explorer with Silktest -> No sucess, the res file seems to be corrupt?!?).

The whole Silktest Project is stored local on the PC where my Silktest runs. I only have mapped the local Silktest-Project Dir to a local drive with the 'subst' command and work in Silktest with this local drive

Greeting and THX for help
    Nils

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Silktest is unable to open some result files

never heard about that - sounds like an issue that should be raised at borland support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I've never seen that either. Since your code plays a part in what goes into the res file, is there any chance you're writing some really weird data into the result file that's screwing up the parsing?

Did you start dumping binary or unicode data or something using "print" or something like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

@jreed: No, I only have STRING and INTEGER in my print commands. I've delete the 'corrupt' res files and start my test again, now the res files are OK. So at the moment this problem doesn't blocks my tests.

I worked with several previous Silktest Versions and in this older versions I never had this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Delete all .jou files in the same directory as the script. (You do not have to delete your results files.)

Restart SilkTest and run your script again.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It may happen as sometime when execution finishes it fails to restore all settings so that it doesnot convert .jou files to res fils and it results it doesnot allow to open result file.so you delete all *.jou files and rerun scripts it should work
    Amit Nigam

SQA,Oracle