SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capturing Pop-up window

This is my problem. I want to do the same action multiple times so I have a loop. After each action, a pop-up window appears that says "In progress." After the "In Progress" window disappears, I want to repeat the same action. How do I capture the pop-up window?

Initially, I put in a sleep() for every execution in the loop. However, I have noticed that, as soon as I created more than 100 instances, it slows down my machine and therefore, my test case fails since my sleep time is messed up. I was thinking of using the Cursor methods but that didn't work out for me. Do you know of any alternatives or workarounds to this problem? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Capturing Pop-up window

You could use a while loop around a sleep statement, to wait for that In Progress window to appear. It might look something like:

while (!InProgress.Exists())
    sleep (1)

This will sleep until the In Progress window exists. The ! basically turns the Exists method into a Does Not Exist method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I had thought about this but my problem was I couldn't do window declare on the "In Progress" window. It is simply just a message box without any title captions at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because a window doesn't have a caption, it doesn't mean that SilkTest can't recognize it.

It depends what kind of application you are testing -- Web ?, Java ? C++ ?

You can look for a window with tag "*" that has the correct "parent".

Another approach is to use GetChildren() to see when the box goes away:

InitialWindowCount = ListCount( MyMainWin.GetChildren() )

while ListCount( MyMainWin.GetChildren() ) == InitialWindowCount
    sleep( 1 )

on you main window.
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the inputs. I got some ideas from your posts. I realized that the messagebox is automatically captured when I created my test frame. What I did was to just added a while loop after every action I wanted to be repeated.
    while (MessageBox.Exists())
    Sleep (1)
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget to put a "timeout" in your while loop. If the "in progress" message box never appears (for whatever reason), your script will enter an infinite loop.

Try something like: