SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Accessing HTML code from Silk

I am testing a web application that uses image buttons each of which has the following syntax.

<input type=image src="ssmimages.cgi/buttons/edit_page_content.gif"
    width="150" height="25" align="bottom" border="0"
    name="Edit Page Content" alt="Edit Page Content">

Silk (2.1.4.1) does not see the actual image src like it does for an href image button so the tag is always a ID number never a caption.
    I have not been able to figure out a way to access these buttons short of using the ID and that value changes from time to time depending on the whims of Silk. I need to be able to do several things with these buttons.
    1. Consistently be able to click on them and hit the right button
    2. verify the image src= field
    3. verify the image name= field
    4. verify the image alt= field

Is there a way to access the html code that is behind objects using Silk? The product is being internationalize and I need to be able to verify that the correct info is in each field for all of the button in the application.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to see what the application is like you can see it at: http://a_demo:a_demo@www.shopsite.co...s/ss/pages.cgi

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Accessing HTML code from Silk

Hello,
    I hope that this can help you.
    I think that Silk does not look at all at the Html source.
    The Html Links are recognized as links because their are underlined, i think I've read somewhere if you Browser does not underline the Html Links, it is not going to be recognized by Silk..
    Anyway,
    Regarding the Images...
    Try to use
    HtmlImage1.GetRegionList(TRUE)
    It will return the full url pointed by that image ( item#2)
    and
    HtmlImage1.Click () or ClickRegion() (depending on the number of regions you have in an Image) (item#1)
    Let me know if it helps...
    Regards,
    Mauro