SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treeviews within a pagelist contol within a JavaApplet

I have a JavaApplet which contains a Page List control which in turn contains a TreeView control. As you select each Tab on the Page List, the tree is changed to display the correct treeview.

The problem is when I try to select an item in a tree, SilkTest frequently responds with the error "Item not Found". If you do a GetContents(), the returned results are for another tree which is not being displayed.

Each Tab corresponds to a Tree and all trees are found and recorded using the 'show all classes' setting. The trees are just hidden until the correct tab is selected.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Treeviews within a pagelist contol within a JavaApplet

Try doing

Print (window.TreeView ("#1").GetContents ())
    Print ("--------")
    Print (window.TreeView ("#2").GetContents ())
    Print ("--------")
    Print (window.TreeView ("#3").GetContents ())

and see if the treeviews are all visible. If so, look at the contents and see which one is which.

If you can tell them apart you could declare
    const wSetupTree = window.TreeView ("#1")
    const wDetailsTree = window.TreeView ("#1")
    const wReportTree = window.TreeView ("#1")

for example.

Hope this helps

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com http://www.automationexpertise.com

[This message has been edited by John Green (edited 11-18-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Treeviews within a pagelist contol within a JavaApplet

Hi John,

I've gone as far as writing SQL statements to query the database to find an expected value for each tree, than loop through each Tree doing a GetContents() and finding a tree which contains this value to dynamically assign the tag. This doesn't consistantly work, several times SilkTest brings back duplicate tree values. (GetContents for tree1 = values for tree2 also) The only response I've had from Segue so far is: "It's a feature of how hidden controls work." Before they will work consistantly, I have to run Record Class or Record Declaration before I run my scripts. This isn't acceptable and doesnt' always work either, so I'm trying to find another solution.... Help!!