SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkRuntime Environmet

I have a vc++ test harness app that invokes silk with certain test file. I am trying to have this harness run on many machines but not have to install silk on all these machines. Is there a silk runtime environment where I can just invoke the script. This script uses agents installed on other test machines so the client that is running the harness only needs to spawn the silk process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkRuntime Environmet

You can install just the agent on the remote machines, which will mean executing the tests on one machine, but pointing to a remote machine using Options->Agent or Connect (sMachine)

Segue will sell you Agent-only copies.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks John,
    But my issue is I have 10 people calling the same script which is going to run on 20 machines, on which have agents installed. The 10 machines which will make the call through my harness have to be running silk inorder to connect to those agents. I don't want to install full silk on these 10 machines. If i could just run my scripts using some minimal silk runtime to spawn these tests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have been asking Segue for that capability for years. Currently what you want to do isn't possible.

You can email support@segue.com to add your request.

The next major release of Silk will allow developers to build applications which can call functions in an API which will allow testcase execution, etc, according to a recent meeting with the new SilkTest VP of Development.
    This new version will also allow VBScript code to be executed from SilkTest as well.

Hope this helps

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com