Thread: SQL Server

bjc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SQL Server

I am using a SQL Server 7.0 Data Base to store the results of a script. If the results conform to my check constraints and or triggers in SQL Server, the data is written to the table without any problems. When data does not conform to these rules, I raise a user defined error message.

When this situation occurs, I do not receive the error message in Silk. I get a message that states the following:
    *** Error: (HY007) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Associated statement is not prepared
    If I perform the query through SQL Server, I get the correct message.

Is this a SQL Server 7.0 issue or is it a SilkTest issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SQL Server

I don't know if this is relevant to the error you are getting but I just discovered that there are some data exchange problems between Silk and ODBC/SQL7. I received a "cursor state" error when I passed a stored procedure command from Silk to SQL 7 via ODBC. I had no problem when the string was translated into a pure SQL select statement. Your error may have something to do with incompatible datatypes between the two environments...just a guess though.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SQL Server

Why not check the data for your rules in SilkTest before sending it to the DB?

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com