I am using SilkTest 5.0.3.1 to test a VB6 application. I have taken all the correct steps to integrate Silk with this application, therefore I am not having a problem getting Silk to record the correct objects, such as a VBCommandButton, VBCheckBox and the such.

But I have several VBForms which each contain several OLESSTab objects, i.e. instantiating a "tabbed" dialog that allows various options to be selected and textfields to be filled in. The problem is that Silk records declarations for EACH tab will ALL objects found on each tabs for a given VB form. I suppose this makes some sense [but not much] because all of the objects on all tabs are "present" when the form is open, but only those objects on the current tab are visible and "exposed".

My current mode for dealing with this is to record gui declarations of all objects on the first tab, and then move each object to the appropriate tab. When I am done it very easy to understand the object hierarchy, BUT this takes a lot of time and is tedious.

Has anyone figured out how to get Silk to only record gui declarations for the objects exposed on the current tab? Or, have you figured out a better workaround to this issue, then the one I am using.

-Thanks, Terry Horwath

[This message has been edited by Terry Horwath (edited 11-09-2000).]