User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JavaInvoke() vs. .Exe Invoke()

Hello all,
    more java questions.... So i was tryin' to figure this out last night. I have a class called ExtractorRegistrySwing, now i am assuming that since Silk knows which JDK i'm using and where that is, and it also has optional argue list that it can invoke a java class, just like a window's app?? So knowing the name of the class that i am trying to invoke, this is a small application and has a main method. Anyone understand me enough to help me set this up ??

-Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JavaInvoke() vs. .Exe Invoke()

I am assuming firstly that you mean InvokeJava and not JavaInvoke. InvokeJava is a SilkTest-specific class invocation. It must integrate with the QapJava object. So InvokeJava will not provide any help.

In order to fire up your class, it is typically some java.exe -classpath ... yourclass.class command. If you are unsure what the parameters are but you can start your class, then simply record a frame and it should have all the parameters. Otherwise, check out the link or batch or script file for the parameters. The line should reference the class. Hopefully, after adding the appropriate SilkTest_Java?.jar file to the classpath parameter, you will see all the Java objects like a normal application.

Hope this gets you through...
    Andy Bachman

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JavaInvoke() vs. .Exe Invoke()

Yeah sorry InvokeJava() is what i meant. Well anyway, no actually i was hoping to skip the part where i go to the command line java stuff, and i was think that this method was a way to do that. Like if i Invoke a java class, since silk is aware of my paths and stuff i was hoping it could do that as a background execution type deal. Any idea's?

-Brendan