User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking if the scrollbar in a browser exists

Hi Everybody,
    I'm having a hard time setting up a testcase to verify whether IE 5 is displaying a vertical scrollbar when I am viewing a certain page. I'm using SilkTest 5.0.3.1 with the DOM extension and did attempt to resolve my issue by switching to VO.
    VScrollBar and HScrollBar are set up in BrowserChildRoot (in the htmlpage.inc file), so I would think the following line would work:

Verify (BrowserPage.VScrollBar.Exists (), True)

But it doesn't! Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Checking if the scrollbar in a browser exists

For some reason, Silk's recorders don't see the scroll bars in the browser. It does seem quite capable of scrolling the page when required. You could solve this by getting the CRC value of the BrowserChild, then pressing PgDn, then checking if the CRC value is the same. If its different, the page changed and a scroll bar is most likely present.

Probably not what you wanted to hear.
    Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com