User Tag List

Thread: Need more ideas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need more ideas

SetTrap won't work for me. First of all, for the settrap to trigger, you must call Agent.FlushEvents(). If I could find all the places where I would have to call agent.flushevents, I would just put in checks for the dialog myself (as I have been doing to date).

Second, SetTrap is a built in, so it is not customizable or overrideable.

And third, it only will press a button.

And fourth, it does not update the results file, so I have no way of tracking when they occur.

I have tried using parallel, but it seems that two threads do not actually execute in parallel at all. When I switch the order of the statements, the results change.

I'm ready to give up on this one and go back to VisualTest.

JLM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need more ideas

Sorry for the tone of my previous email. My frustration is not with all of you (I really appreciate the help), but with test tools in general and Segue in particular. It seems that picking a test tool these days is like picking the lesser of evils.

JLM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need more ideas

Your frustration is noted and shared. SetTrap() was just a quick (and albeit feeble) suggestion. Another approach that I've taken in the past is to subclass all of the application's dialogs and windows, then inserting my own version of the SetActive() routine which would check for these async dialog appearances. This approach too has some problems. I had long ago suggested to Doug Robar that Segue consider extending SetTrap() to support a user-defined processing call, but like so many other things with them, it was ignored.