SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window type mismatch when running on W9n

Has anybody else got this problem? There are a number of places in my testcases where I get this error:
    *** Error: Window type mismatch - Window cannot be a menu item
    This seems to be an internal mistake on silktest's part, where the window (passed into a function for example) is most definitely not a menuitem. The odd thing is that this problem only ever occurs when I'm running on W95 or W98 (haven't yet started testing on WME, but I'd guess that it occurs there as well); the problem never occurs when running on NT or W2000.

Does anybody else ever have this problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window type mismatch when running on W9n

Send us the lines of code which cause the error.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window type mismatch when running on W9n

This is the piece of code where it occurs; it is the core part of a method we have written which waits for the window to appear and become ready for use.
    Typically this loop will be run through several times before the window will be ready; and occasionally the exception will occur at the this.SetActive() line. And before you ask, the method is not even defined for the class MenuItem (we defined it for class ChildWin). The error occurs irregularly and unpredictably - in particular, it can occur on the first or subsequent passes through the loop.