SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

conversion into .exe file

I want to make all my 60 Testcases into one .exe file,if anyone knows please help me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: conversion into .exe file

No, Silk does not compile into EXE fmt. I've chatted with a sales rep about this one a few years back --> I think they worry over selling fewer agent licenses. Short term thinking -- this feature would make the full developer license that much more appealing.
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TELL ME ABOUT IT! If it's any consolation at all (and it isn't) I would like to add my voice to yours. It is a long time in comming but the FIRST company that decides to support this would be very well recieved by the Industry.

I realize that Segue has a Master Marketing Strategy that has remained unchanged since QAP 3.1. Look how well it has served them (check out Mercury Intercative financials against Segue). Perhaps the Finance Wiz over there might Just want to pick up on this!!

Seriously if you could start sending some key tests to customers to gather debug info as well as smoke test .. without that $7,000
    blackmail/license fee, companies would really start to escalate purchases.

Ok off the soapbox back to work :-)

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As everybody said, no testing tools allows you to run the scrips without intsalling whole application on host system except Viusal test (VT). VT has runtime installation option for executing the scripts on any machine and this runtime installation copies only three files on your host system. I am not sure of pricing but Rational would love to give a big discount as full working copy itself is at $699

[This message has been edited by sree (edited 10-27-2000).]
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly this is a valuable selling point. However VT via Rational is not the greatest tool in my humble opinion. The drag Rational
    has for this really good selling point, is the fact that:
    (1) Everytime a caption or "tag" form changes you have to go into ALL the tests and reflect this.
    (2) Everything is a program fest .. very little comes out of the box as a generic task
    (3) When I evaluated it the files were welded into a data base .. making edits a real pain (that had to be done by hand)

Now if you can dispute these points I would be very interested in the debate. Sadly I know very little of Rational other than the 6 hours of time I spent reading thier material. I wish Segue (and even MI) would adopt a pricing strategy more in tune with Rational .. alas not to be.

However it is again my humble opinion what you loose in purchase revenue you gain in Test "up time". But I must admit you have a good point .. is anyone at Segue listening?

Or are you all too busy counting the money on all those licenses you cannot sell? BTW for anyone wondering why I slam Segue so hard .. it's because I want them to stay in the Business .. after working with WinRunner for a year let me tell you .. stay with Segue!!!

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 10-27-2000).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer