I will try to answer all but my time is limited so I'll do them one at a time:-
- Are a series of commands that perform a task
- Can take one or more arguements and/or return a value
- Testcases are special types of functions
- 4Test has many types of builtin functions
- Max, Print, ClassOf are functions
- Are object or class-specific functions
- Are functions that are members of an object or class
- Are always associated with an object when used in a testcase or function
- TypeKeys, Click, GetChildren, SetActive are methods
The shortest distance between two points is under construction.
1)A Function is a series of commands that performs a task.
Method is an action that can be performed on an object. Method is an object or class-specific function.
so myButton.click() is a method, print("foo") is a function
and of course you can define both your own methods and functions.
2) the question is too vague, there are too many options
d) from testplan
e) from SCTM
f) from the run dialog
3) I don't think there is any other way
4) Every class can be extended. But I am not sure what has this person in mind.
You can extend the class by adding methods to a class instance.
You can extend the class by inheriting it and creating a class with the same name but new functionality, ie.
winclass pushbutton : pushbutton
5) OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition, it means that you can convert an image of text to the text. So when you are unable to get a text from some controls, you will capture an image and use OCR to produce text. SilkTest has some addons for it, but I never used them personally, search the forum.