SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thread: Select method

Select method

I am having some difficulty using the Select method. I am attempting to scroll down and select a specific value from a list, but when I attempt to do this I am having an error returned to me saying
    "Mouse coordinate (3,185) is outside of the window"

Previously this has worked. I am unable to see where silktest is picking up the mouse co-ordinates from.

Forgive me for being thick but I've spent ages staring at this!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Select method

This sounds like a familiar topic to me. I didn't take the time to search, but I'd guess that it has been posted or replied to on this board within the past couple of months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the code, if there is a coordinate listed inside the select statement (.Select (1,3,185)) than remove it. Silktest will click in the middle of the object. If this is a Javascript pop up window from what looks like a combo box, it may be a timing issue. You also can deselect in the options the option that verifies the coordinates are inside a window before selecting.

To be honest there are many things that could cause this. Silktest Object identification in Web apps can be frustrating one day and easy the next. If you want a real solid answer you need to identify: OS, Memory (and if NY/W2K maybe a reg setting), Browser and Version, Silktest version and optional settings plus maybe a snippit of the code and declaration for the object you are having problems with.

Good Luck,
    Tom

[This message has been edited by woodman (edited 11-09-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried calling ExposeItem before Select?
    I was getting the same error before when I would try to click on a node that was not yet scrolled into view.