SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkBean - how to set classpath on Solaris

I am trying to set up SilkBean for the first time on a Solaris 7 machine. I am not very adept at Unix and cannot figure out how to set the classpath. When I use the "env" command to set the classpath (adding the silkbean.jar and silktest_java2.jar to the existing classpath) it seems to accept the new classpath, but if I type "env" again, the classpath reverts to the original setting. How do I make this persistent?

Thanks for any advice.
    -Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkBean - how to set classpath on Solaris

Are you useing the setenv command? When I type this in a solaris csh it works:
    setenv CLASSPATH ~/test

then a subsequent querry
    echo $CLASSPATH .. shows
    /h/richard/test

I think if you look in your .tcshrc file and edit it you may very well see the setenv command for that. You can then edit it and have your shells pick up on that new classpath.

Good luck!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkBean - how to set classpath on Solaris

Thanks Rick.
    I was able to edit the ".bashrc" file and that did the trick. I am currently getting some support from Segue and they seem to be getting me on the right track to getting SilkBean working happily with my app and SilkTest.
    Thanks again.
    -Dan