AUT is a web based application(JAVA). Application also interacts with a third party interface. Interface is developed in VB. For testing purpose, we install a client program(developed in VB) on our PC's and send the exact message from client program to the interface,Interface program at the backend processes it and then we try to retrieve the same message in the application.
1. Can that client program developed in VB can be called from a web based project in SilkTest so that we can automate sending of messages.Kindly suggest.
2. Message format has a constarint of line break..so i cannot send it from excel. I am planning to do it with Notepad. If there is any other way kindly suggest.
3. Also I need to modify certain fields in message format all the time it is run...like date field, time field...if i store message in notepad...then how can i modify those parts of the message which needs to be modified.
Thanks and Regards,
Re: Interface Automation
1. You can create a new project in SilkTest and enable extensions for that client application and use it to do what you need
2. you can have line breaks in excel cells, no problem
3. you can tag the parts of the message you need to change and then replace them with the data you need
(if you do not undertand, do not ask me for further explanation, go find someone with programming experience)
But I have a strong feeling that you choose a wrong tool in the first place. From what you said it should be much more efficient to use SilkPerformer SOA edition for Java, it allows you to test java interfaces without the need to have a client developed.