SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealing with unexpected dialogs

Is there a tried and true method for dealing with dialog boxes that may popup at any time during a test? I get a login dialog at fairly irregular intervals. I have added checks in my scripts for it everyplace I can think of, but I've had tests fail on a call to SetText() because the window was not active when the immediately preceding statement was a setactive().

What I need is a way for a small piece of code to get invoked automatically whenever a window is created. Visual test can do this, but apparently 4test requires a call to DoEvents to make this work. I also tried creating a second thread, but the scirpt does not switch threads often enough.

So what I think I need is either a way to write my own generic exception handler that can somehow apply to all exceptions and conditionally re-execute the statement that failed, or a way for a the OnWindowCreate to work automatically, not just when DoEvents is called.

Any ideas anyone?

JLM

Re: Dealing with unexpected dialogs

Try declaring the dialog and type in your

TestcaseEnter ()
    DialogName.SetTrap ("Button Tag to Press")

Re: Dealing with unexpected dialogs

You said that you want to fill in a few fields before you click a button...

This becomes a little trickier....

The only way I can think of doing this is by finding where the SetTrap method is in the 4Test includes and add in code especially for your dialog. Meaning if the dialog I'm in is the dialog that I'm looking for then fill in these fields and continue. Or another way is you can create a new window class and have that declared dialog which pops up of that type, then override the SetTrap () method.

I'm not sure the last solution would work, but I know the 1st one is not portable from one system to another unless you copy that same .inc file over.

I hope I didn't confuse you further.

-AJ Alhait