User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can not SELECT in HtmlListBox

Hi folks,

I'm having a nightmare and would appreciate some help if anyone has a solution.

I have two HTML List Boxes which appear off the page when the page is loaded. The problem is I can not make a selection on either of these. I have removed the options in the agent for 'scrolling into view' (because this was giving me "control not responding errors") and also unchecked 'verify that co-ordinates passed are inside the window').

However if I run the script... Silk Test can see all the data within the lists, but when I go to select an item, then I get an exception informing me that the mouse co-ords are off the screen (even though the option to 'verify mouse coords are inside window' has been unchecked, and have inserted the code in my script).

Then if I try a "TypeKeys(PgDn)" command in before selecting these so the objects are in view, Silk Test cannot read any data in the lists and they appear empty.

The page I am testing contains a little JavaScript to fill some text fields... I have tried doing my selections before and after the JScript is run, with no success.

As a test I asked a developer to put the lists on a seperate page and I could select these no problem.

I have also inserted 'Agent.SetOption(OPT_VERIFY_RESPONDING, FALSE)' before selecting, and still no joy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

SYSTEM: 128, Win2K SP1, IE 5.00.3103.1000, SilkTest 5.0.3.1 using IE DOM extension (note: can not revert back to 5.0.3, because this won't let the JScript run in the page)

[This message has been edited by Beeblemaster (edited 10-12-2000).]

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can not SELECT in HtmlListBox

Are you sure it's just an HTML listbox?

Can you do actions using the keyboard "TypeKeye()"

What are you trying to accplish with it BTW?

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes AJ, it is a ListBox... the reason why I have Typekeys(PgDn) is to scroll down the frame to bring both ListBoxes into view, more consistent than using dragmouse on the scroll bars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread may apply:
    http://www.qaforums.com/boards/ubb/F...ML/001090.html

Try changing your screen resolution or browser size so that more of the page (and the listbox) is visible. Beware...you may have to re-declare all your window declarations once you change resolution/browser size.

Also, try opening the ListBox (so that all selections are visible) and then Recording Window Identifiers. Although Record Window Declarations may see the ListBox correctly, if the ListBox is actually a client-side javascript, when the ListBox is open, Record Window Identifiers may see it as a CustomWin.

[This message has been edited by Damian Synadinos (edited 10-13-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things:

One - Damian we actually solved this durring our discussion and the answer is not in the thread. The reason the listbox would get declared differently becuase of resolution appeared to be that at lower resolution it was partially displaying outside of the browser window. When this occured it was seen as a customwin becuase it didn't have a an object class and was no longer an element of the browserpage (my best guess anyway).

two - you should not have to scroll the page to select an item, silk will bring the object into view if the option make sure objects are visable before selecting is chosen. I have had many testcases fail by trying to force objects into view and it seems better to let silk do that. OTH if the faux listbox (javaside maybe) displays partly outside the browser window, maybe scrolling into view is a good solution. I agree that TypeKeys is a more reliable solution than using the scroll bars.

Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by woodman:
    The reason the listbox would get declared differently becuase of resolution appeared to be that at lower resolution it was partially displaying outside of the browser window. When this occured it was seen as a customwin becuase it didn't have a an object class and was no longer an element of the browserpage (my best guess anyway).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct. I should've been more explicit in my post. Woodman is right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, my screen resolution is at a maximum of 1280x1024 on a 17" monitor.... and the ListBoxes are standard HTML Lists rendered from XSL... all HTML syntax is correct.