SPONSORS:

User Tag List

How do I use DLLs to control Cdrom

Hi

The platform I am using is MS Windows 95/98/NT.

I would like to be able to eject and load my Cdrom to test the autorun feature, as part of my test script.

The problem is that the only thing I have found that does both (eject and load) is a DLL function call. Below is what I found on a newsgroup:

------------------------------------
    // : Load the DLL called MMSYSTEM.DLL
    // : Then load the library function mciSendString and do the following:
    // :
    // : To open the CD-ROM:
    // :
    // : mciSendString('Set cdaudio door open wait', 0, 0, handle);
    // :
    // : To close the CD-ROM:
    // :
    // : mciSendString('Set cdaudio door closed wait', 0, 0, handle);
    ------------------------------------

I have not been able to figure out how to make it work. My code below does not compile, the error is "type HANDLE may not be used in a DLL function"

dll "MMSYSTEM.DLL"
    BOOL mciSendString (String sString, char iNumber, int iNumber2, handle hHandle)

testcase test()
    mciSendString('Set cdaudio door open wait', 0, 0, NULL)
    ----------------------------

Can someone help me out

Thanks

U

Re: How do I use DLLs to control Cdrom

Generally you can switch all handle declares in a DLL to long and use 0 for null.

[-] dll 'MMSYSTEM.DLL'
    [ ] BOOL mciSendString (String sString, char iNumber, int iNumber2, long hHandle)

[-] testcase test()
    [ ] mciSendString('Set cdaudio door open wait', 0, 0, 0)

However, I've tried that and I could not load the DLL for some reason. If you have better luck, let me know what the solution was. I need the Help for the DLL to go any further.

Good Luck.

-AJ