I'm curious if others are experiencing this...

There is a big push in my group to do multiple O.S testing (95, 98, NT4, W2k, ME) in IE4, IE5, and IE5.5 (I know - yikes). For the last 6 months or so we've been supporting 2 browsers (IE4 and IE5) in NT4 only. We have had to do some tweaking to the scripts as objects are recognized differently between the browsers - such as an HTMLPushButton in one browser is HTMLText in another. We are testing a web application.

Some members of our group were recently upgraded to W2K and we are seeing similar problems already (and I'm not surprised). Is anyone aware if how we install the browser makes a difference (I know - no active desktop).

The very strange thing about this is that the objects we are having problems with in W2K(IE5) map back almost identically to what we had to use to get the scripts to work in NT4 with IE4... does this make sense. Those members in my group that got upgraded to W2k were supposedly reformatted first.

Just a side note - the other reason I'm asking about specifics for installing the browser is we've had a lot of problems with new machines (more than 5) in the past where we see the browser as a dialog box when doing record window identifiers. I've seen this mentioned in past topics, but not for a while. The only way we've been able to resolve this issue has been to delete and reinstall the browser - usually deleting and reinstalling Silk too, and then the problem seems to clear up.

Thanks for your time....