SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Declaring (another) dynamic page

I have another example of a dynamic page that I am having difficulty declaring.

When first loaded, the page has 11 textfields and 1 button (and various other controls). If the user selects an alternate selection from the Image combobox (ie: Upload a file...), the page changes. It now has 12 textfields and 2 buttons. The problem is that the added textfield and button controls appear in the middle of the page. What WAS textfield #3 becomes textfield #4. What WAS button #1 becomes button #2.

Am I going to have to declare this page 4 seperate times for each of the combobox selections? Any other ideas????

I've attached the page for you to play with...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Declaring (another) dynamic page

Damian,

Please avoid Indexes at all cost, attached is an include file that should work (it works here no problem). The structure for this page is strange, I would love to know what is going through your developers mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damian,

couple more tibits on dynamic pages...

1. if done client side with DHTML, beware! unless this was fixed in 5.02 or 5.03 Silk acquires window handles only on initial page load, so if new fields shows up from a DIV tag that was initially hidden, the handles may change, and you may see "invalid handle" errors from Silk agent. If someone knows this has since been addressed, or if perhaps using the IE DOM would help, please advise.

2. No samples ever show it, and it will break the testcase recording functions in Silk, but you can also use functions that return string instead of a constant tag, e.g.

HtmlTextField MyField
    tag DynaTag()

STRING DynaTag()
    // do some algorithm
    // return a string based on what you find

------------------
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the additional info, Matt. I'll play around with creating Dynamic Tag functions. Neat stuff!

Along the same lines, I've been trying to create a function which will dig down through a page and click on a specified HtmlLink (useful if the link is unknown and buried within HtmlTables/HtmlColumns). If the link is found, it will be clicked and the function will exit. If not, it will raise an error (***HtmlLink XXX not found).

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to make a recursive funtion completely exit when the desired action is achieved (link is found and clicked). Also, I don't know how to raise an error if (and ONLY if), the desired link is not found. The function code is below. Any ideas? Thanks...