User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest stunned by dynamic browser window

Hi There !

I have an interesting problem with a dynamic browser window.. The window I am testing updates depending on the answer given by the user to the first question. If the user selects "yes", thw window updates with more questions. In any case, SilkTest is unable to comprehend that once it click on the radio button, the window changes. In fact, SilkTest gives a "Control not responding" error at the Select() command.

[-] Testcase Estate - 1 error
    [ ] *** Error: Control is not responding
    [ ] Occurred in Select
    [ ] Called from Estate at silkdata1-08.t(1437)

Anyway, I am really puzzeled by this. I tried just doing a BrowserPage.HtmlRadioList("#1").Select(1), but I still get the same error... It's like SilkTest expects the radio button to be there after it is being clicked...

Does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid this ?

Thanks,
    Nir Gilboa.
    assetplanner.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest stunned by dynamic browser window

I found a solution: the click() method is defined for the class AnyWin, therefore it can be used for a browser window. Instead of acknowledging the control exists, I simply tell SilkTest to click where it should be relative to the top right corner of the window. It's not very reliable across version changes, but hey, it works.