SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Testing in Palm Pilot

Hi!,

Is it possible to install silk / QA partner agent / software on a palm pilot to test a software on palm pilot? Did anybody tested software on a Palm Pilot?

Thanks
    Rameswar.

Re: Testing in Palm Pilot

As far as I know (being a Segue consulting partner), Segue does not make any agents to run on the Palm, or Windows CE as a matter of fact.
    These type of OSs require mainly manual testing, although I've only heard of peoply trying to adapt the Agent to test WinCE, but that has not been confirmed.

My test tool is not an adaption of QAP's agent, but a new tool from the ground up.
    It is for WinCE.
    See my posting in the General QA Topics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can test Palm application on a Win32 machine using the Palm OS emulator. The program and source are available from the 3com website. One could use the EK to develop support for the objects and graphically drawn part of the UI that are needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamesso,

What is EK?

YoungMeeK

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EK stands for Extension Kit (A C++ Library) that enables you to talk to your application using embedded functions which your developers have to implement.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.