| || |
Both .NET and ActiveX extension don\'t load for AUT
I have an application which is a .NET app with some VB controls in it. So, I have enabled .NET extension as the primary extension and I have also enabled ActiveX extension for it. It might be worthwhile to mention here that I havn't declared the application twice in the extension enabler, which of course would be the wrong thing to do.
Now, when the app is on my local machine, and I try to record window declaration or do anything which involves the agent, it just refuses to start, saying:
*** Error: Unable to load extensions: Enabled extension(s) for <AppName> not installed: ActiveX
Looking through the SIlkTest KB# seems like this might happen when there is no ActiveX control in the application. But that is not the case here.
So, I go ahead and try again. This time SIlk says:
*** Error: Connection refused -- Agent is already in use
Both times a dialog box pops up saying:
Unable to connect to the agent.
SO, then I tried with the application on a remote machine. This time, the agent was able to connect to the application. However, it was unable to recognize the ActiveX controls and instead showed them as Custom Wins.
To make sure that there wasn't anything wrong with the AUT (like ACtiveX controls not being exposes properly), I wrote a custom .NET application with ACtiveX (VB) controls in it. This custom app replicated the behavior as described above.
I am using 2008 SP1 version of SilkTest.
Hopefully someone in thie forum can throw some light...
Looking forward to some enlightenment....Thanks.
Re: Both .NET and ActiveX extension don\'t load for AUT
I think those problems were happening due to a Desktop Enhancement software called "Styler" I had installed earlier. Uninstalling that software and restarting my system seems to have resolved the issue. My original AUT is now able to get both .NET and ActiveX extensions loaded. On both my local system as well as the remote system. The custom app however was still not able to get recognition for the activeX controls on both local and remote systems. I think that is however due to lack of support from Silk for those particular ActiveX controls (VBComboBox and VBTextBox embedded in a VB.NET app). In any case my AUT is working with SIlkTest as I want it to. Hopefulyy things stay this way.
If someone else has some other insights I would be happy to hear that.....