SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Oracle Dribers and DBTester

We are having no problems over here; we have the Oracle client installed on the host machine (essential I expect), version 8, and are therefore using the oracle odbc driver (version 8.01.06.00) for the testing. There are a couple of niggles about the way the results are returned, but certainly connection is not a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oracle Dribers and DBTester

Hi,

I was wondering if abyone has had trouble using the Oracle ODBC Drivers with SilkTest. We are currently usin the Miscrosoft ODBC for Oracle - Version 2.573.4403.0 and have not been able to connect to the database using DBTester. If anyone has had this problem also, could you please let me know. Also, does anyone have a reccomendation on which ODBC driver we should be using with the Oracle database.
    Thanks
    Chrissie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Oracle Dribers and DBTester

The driver version depends on the Oracle version you are using. It seems to me that you are using a very OLD Oracle ODBC Driver. For Oracle 8.0.5, the driver version should be 8.00.05.00 while for Oracle 8.1.6, the driver version should be 8.01.06.00.
    Perhaps maybe you can show us how your DB_Connect statement looks like and also the Data Source name, Service Name, UserID entries in the Oracle ODBC Driver Setup dialog.