| || |
Problem with reading the # of characters for file name
I would like to know if anybody knows why silk test only reads 96 characters of the given file name including the dir path if I run the script from network drive. If I run same script with similar path from local drive by changing the drive name from network
to local it takes more than 96 characters. I am using string to pass the filename, ie it
should take upto 1024 char. I tried with Silk 5.2.1 & 5.3.1
Re: Problem with reading the # of characters for file name
I got a little confused trying to follow your expected and actual results on a local or a network drive, but here's my input to your situation ...
This sounds very much like a filename length problem we found in 5.0.3 that forced us to have to wait for the fix (in 220.127.116.11) before upgrading from 5.0.2. Our problem was that we could not open a read-only file that had more than n (not sure of the exact number) characters in the complete filename. We only tried this on a 1-character drive name (i.e., C:\... or D:\... or H:\... or Q:\... etc. - no double slashes in our tests) so didn't go where you are now.
[This message has been edited by pcostigan (edited 10-09-2000).]