| || |
VBLabel randomly goes \"missing.\"
We run several hundred tests every night (via SilkCentral), and almost every night the tests stop running because at some random point the control that has our main user prompt (we use it to check that the system is in the state we expect) goes missing according to Silktest. However, the control is plainly on the screen.
If I come in and Central reports that VBLabel is not to be found, I can't run tests directly from Silktest for the same reason.
If I restart the application, the problem goes away. Today, I just restarted the AGENT and the problem went away, although I feel sure I tried that before without luck.
When the application is 'broken,' and I run window declarations, mousing over the unfound control indeed doesn't show anything - that area of the screen acts like whatever last-seen control the mouse was over.
Even though this does not happen at a consistent time within our set of tests, I feel like it has to do with the fact that the UI is pretty complex, and at times that label is hidden. I wondered if any of you have experienced something similar and how you resolved it.
Re: VBLabel randomly goes \"missing.\"
Even I also faced the similar problem for our Excel AddIn. Still I didn't get the right solution. After running 200-250 cases, silktest is unable to find the objects in Excel.
I have increased the sleep time and changed the recovery little bit.