VS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkBean: Please help..

Hi All,

I have SilkTest 5.0.1. In order to run my test on a Solaris 2.7, I have done all the required settings on my host(Win NT) machine as well as the target machine(solaris 2.7) just as described in the Silktest Help. I've also started the SilkBean server on the unix machine. But when I run my script, I see the NullPointerException on my target(unix) machine as follows:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at QAPServerInputThread.sendMsg(Compiled code)
    at QAPServerInputThread.run(Compiled code)

Also my SilkTest host(NT) shows up a .res file with the message: "Agent not responding..."

Have any of you tried working with the SilkBean & come across similar problems? Please let me know. I would appreciate any help or clue on what might be the cause of this or am i missing some settings.

I have already opened a case with the Segue support 3 months back but haven't got any solution yet.

Even though the SilkTest online help explains the steps to do the set up for using the silkBean, can you please tell me the steps used in any real scenario where you have been successful in running your tests on Solaris or any unix platform?

I have seen some of the postings where members are successfully using SilkBean. But I'm not able to run my tests on unix due to this blocking problem. I need to answer to my superiors, if at all the unix automation will be possible or not for the upcoming release. Please help.

VS

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkBean: Please help..

1. Is your application written in 100% Java? That is a requirement. The SilkBean won't test <100% Java apps.
    2. Try starting the SilkBean server with java SilkBean debug &
    3. Upgrade to SilkTest 5.0.3.1
    4. Make sure that you specify on the SilkTest side under Options/Agent/Other - Enable communication with the SilkBean
    5. Make sure that your CLASSPATH of hte application inlcludes the SilkTest_JavaX.jar file
    6. Note that the setup for Java 2 is slightly different than that for Java 1 apps.
    7. In the javaex.ini file under SilkTest\extend, set the following to TRUE:
    LogToFile, InternalLogToFile. Then there will be some log files created in the c:\ directory on NT and on the /tmp directory on Solaris. These should give you some more clues.