SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Using the .pln extension

I have been experiencing problems whereby I am able to run my individual .t scripts correctly, but when I put all of these scripts into a plan and call them from the plan they are not working 100% correctly. A typical problem is that capital letters are being replaced by lowercase letters. While this may sound a trivial problem, it is affecting the results I am receiving.

Interested to know if anyone has had any similar problems.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using the .pln extension

See the thread with the title:
    "A poll: How many of you use the ".pln" for automated tests?"

SilkTest itself has plenty of bugs, and I think that the .pln introduces more bugs
    than it is worth.

Some people agree with me, others strongly disagree.

Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using the .pln extension

I'm one of the people who disagree with Rob about .pln files and I have an entry in the thread he references.

I would really like to CLEARLY understand at least one of the problems that the anti-.pln file people say they have. You said "A typical problem is that capital letters are being replaced by lowercase letters." Exactly what is being converted to lowercase via the .pln file? Testcase names? Variable names? Data values? can you provide an example?