Monitoring on different levels of a 3-tier app
I have recently started using Silk Performer and I would want to know if I can successfully implement the following scenario.
- I have a third party 3-tier application developed partly on powerbuilder(ver 6 to ver 9x) and .net(Source code not available) deployed on Tomcat application server.
- Application is installed on a remote server and the clients access the application using Citrix.
- I have successfully implemented a base line script using the Citrix protocol for 10 Vu and it runs successfully.
- I did received some default reports/stats but its too basic to cater my apetite ... what i actually require is something like this....
- I need to know the time taken by the application to load through Citirx on the clients end during the startup.
- When a page is loading I need to know the server response time and the actual time the page has taken to load. For e.g. If the server executes the request and responses it back to the client in 5secs but the Citrix client takes 1.5mins to display the page due to network latency. In this case I would want to know the way I can use Silk Performer and track the above described example.
- This being a 3-tier app can I track the performance on all the 3 layers helping me to drill down to the point which is actually causing those perfromance issues.
Thank you for ur time...
Re: Monitoring on different levels of a 3-tier app
Alright , to start with you cant do everything with the default report SP generates.
However you can do the following
1. Test reports normally gives you Page download time , Server busy time which will give you fair idea on Server side response time and Network time.
2. I am not sure about Citrix response time , If it is a process of renderng your report on your browser then i dont think any performance testing tool can help you with that .