| || |
Work on VIEWSTATE
After recording different scenarios, basically i am getting the viewstate values in different way. Could you please tell me how to understand these values from their commented lines
"_VIEWSTATE" :=gsViewState, //hidden,changed(!),value
"_VIEWSTATE" :="here you are passing the hardcoded value whatever we get after recording"
"_VIEWSTATE" :=""<USE_HTML_VAL | ENCODE_FORM>, //hidden,unchanged,value:
Please guide how to start analysing such VIEWSTATE values
Re: Work on VIEWSTATE
The tags of the viewstates are changing depending where you're recording them from.
The goal would be to have all the viewstates look like your '1st case'.
To do this you'll make recording rules for every variation of the viewstates and the easiest way to perform this is to follow these steps.
1. Perform a fresh recording and save the script.
2. Load the Truelog file of the recorded.record xlg file
3. From top to bottom in your saved script find the 1st instance of a viewstate that's not parsed correctly. Copy in the clipboard the first few characters of what you're looking for.
4. Look for the characters in the truelog.record.xlg file.
5. Select the entire viewstate character section and insert a new parsing function. In the dialog that pops up click create a recording rule. Keep track of the tags as you may need to modify them and save the rule.
Don't worry about replacing the variable in the script as this exercise is only to create the recording rules which will save you a ton of time.
6. Re-record your scenario and ensure the recording rules are working.