Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Increase limit for TrueLog on Error

Hi all,

I am using SP 2008 and I have a small issue. When I run a test with 'True Log on Error', it records 200 errors only (the default value, I think). Is there any possibility to increase this value?
    One possibility would be to run the test with full true log, but this will create unnecessary logs. I am looking just to increase the value for error limit.

Thanks,
    Adrian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Increase limit for TrueLog on Error

If I am not wrong here if you have more then 200 errors it does a representation of the errors. Why would you ned more errors listed, I would check to see if the errors are repetitive (that is my experience). You may want to look at your approach to testing before you start trying to increase the error logs (if i is even possible) as this will your agents to do more work and possibly add undo strain to the agent machine affecting the outcome of the test.
    But in the end doesn't it all come down to BEER? Beer is the ultimate answer to all questions in the universe so yes the answer to your question is BEER.
    lgeisz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Larry,

Sometimes is useful. For example, running a load test over a longer period of time (48 hours). In the beginning I got issues but in the second part of the test it just crashed... I mean a highly increase in the number of errors happened there. I was unable to figure it out what the issue was in the second part of the test due to the fact that error limit was reached within the first part of the test.

Anyway, I found it after posting here: it's in System Settings -> Workbench -> Results. Default is 100 errors per agent. I was trying to find it out in the Profile Settings in the beginning.

Regards,
    Adrian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Adrian,

How many VU's are you using and how many agent machines are you using ( I am just interested)
    But in the end doesn't it all come down to BEER? Beer is the ultimate answer to all questions in the universe so yes the answer to your question is BEER.
    lgeisz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Larry,

Due to a lack of resources, I had to use just 1 agent for 200 VUs.

Regards,
    Adrian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Just as a heads up depending on how intensive your transactions are and how many errors you receive (and log) you may be negatively affecting your test and thus skewing your results data...
    lgeisz