Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Somebody pls tell me how to troubleshoot Winsock10060 and Winsock10061 errors?

I have been Performance Testing our Login app with 2500 users in 30 minutes. We have done tons of similar test last year, but for the last few months anything between 1800-2200 users we are seeing these Winsocks:

WinSock: 10060 - Connection timed out, host="mytrip.advisor.com:443"
    WinSock: 10061 - Connection timed out, host="mytrip.advisor.com:443"

All I hear about troubleshooting is to use sniffers at every node. This is a huge implementation since our architecture is vast and complex. Moreover I also increased my number of Agents to distribute less load across the board.

Do you all think it might be the NICs of the agents that is getting saturated? Just an example the agent that runs Max users is a dual processor 2793MHz and 1022MB memory and has 350 vusers running.

Also, how does the tool SP interpret these Winsock messages on the client side since the Server Admins during the test dont see any contention or queuing ups? Everything looks normal on the server side.

Any specific counters/instances that needs to be monitored?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Somebody pls tell me how to troubleshoot Winsock10060 and Winsock10061 errors?

Use packet tracing to capture traffic outgoing from the agent machines and incoming on the server machine to verify that the request makes it out of your agent machine and isn't making it to the server. It there is a router or a switch in the path between the two, you will need to trace at those intersections as well to find out if the request is getting lost in the network or if the srever is simply getting too overloaded to accept new connections and it is timing out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Somebody pls tell me how to troubleshoot Winsock10060 and Winsock10061 errors?

Here you go, winsock error codes

10060 Connection timed out. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or the established connection failed because the connected host has failed to respond.
    10061 Connection refused. No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host—that is, one with no server application running.

Hope this helps
    Martin Croft
    Select Red Ltd