Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What count should one expect for the # of Transactions?

While executing the load test there is a field # of Transactions.

When I run my script for single user it shows 3 i.e. (Tint, TMain, and TShutdown)

Now when I run the same script with 10 VUsers with incremental Workload for 10 then what should be the # of Transactions count?

I am totally confused with this number. Can anyone help me in this regards?

-Amrish Shah

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What count should one expect for the # of Transactions?

Amrish, the number of Transactions refers to the number of times the SilkPerformer script has been iterated.
    I like what i know and I know what i like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Max,
    So after the completion of my load test execution I get some transaction count. What should be the acceptable values for the same? I mean, say the more the iterations the better the app performance or something else?

I hope you got my point? As in above case since there are 3 transactions/ script. Now if I get # of Transactions = 120 then as per your message it has executed the same script 40 times - right?

-Amrish Shah

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

# of transactions refers to (amazingly enough) the number of transactions that were run during your test. It does not necessarily refer to the number of times the script has been iterated, as you can setup user definitions that have multiple transactions, and multiple iterations of specific transactions.

there is excpected count for this value... it will depend on the workload definition you have setup.

If you are not sure what a transaction is, look at the BDL documentation. it is a block of code in your script. You can use this to modularize your scripts and setup user definitions that call various transactions.
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg