Thread: .net testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

.net testing.

I am in the processing a .net application which communicates to a webserver through http(SOAP).

Which application type is best for this kind of testing?

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: .net testing.

SilkPerformer has support for SOAP. When you declare your project you can speciy WebServices/SOAP for you project definition. We use it frequently in out testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. I created a SOAP project. I was partially successfull. Basically we have a .net client trying to communicate to the web server using SOAP. On recording the login process, SilkPerformer generated scripts with SOAP scripts in them. In these scripts there were a lot of session specific information (for example session-id). Playback works for some time and after a certain time(i guess the session-timeout time) i am not able to play the scripts back successfully. I would be able parameterize the username and password information, but not the session-id information. I am just wondering if i am missing something, or is it a limitation of our application in sending the session-id back to the client.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You will need to handle the session-id's The True Log explorer will be able to help you analyze how to make the session-id's dynamic.