I am working with SilkPerformer 5.1.1.
I want to save monitor data which has been captured using "Monitor Server" option of Performance Explorer. How to do this..?
I am able to save "work space" but not the time series data. If I open the saved "work space" then no graph data is coming. It is freshly collecting the data. Please help me in this regard.
I got answer for the above question.
Using "Write Monitor Data" option of "Monitor" menu of Performance Explorer we can save the monitor data.
Steps to do are as follows
1. Add required data source to monitor.
2. Create New Graph (Note:not Monitor Grapgh).
3. Drag and drop required objects to the new graph.
4. Highight the graph and select "Write Monitor Data" option of "Monitor" menu.
5. It will ask for location where the TSD (time series data) file can be created. Select required directory.
6. Then onwards monitor data for the seclected data sources will be written to the file continuously. (note: frequecy of writing data can be changed ).
7. Whenever u want to stop writing monitor data goto "Monitor" menu and deselect the "Write Monitor Data" option.
8. Later at any time you can view this monitor data in Performance Explorer.