Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Monitoring Oracle and Apache servers which are running on Linux

Hello,
    I am using SilkPerformer 5.1.1.
    During a load test I want to monitor two servers which are running on Linux OS and also the Linux OS data. The servers are 1. Oracle database server and 2. Apache web server. From the Performance Explorer I have tried 4 ways. But unfortunately I didnt get succeeded in any way.

Try1 : Using "Have Data Source Detected" option. No datasource was detected on the remote machine.

Try2 : Using "predefined data sources" option. I Added "Apache web server Linux( Rexec)" data source group. But in the monitor window "Value" colum displayed "NULL". Hence no graph.

Try3 : Using "Custom data - Rexec data" option of "predefined data sources" option. I Added Rexec measure with the command "ps -ef | egrep -c ".*" ". But in the monitor window "Value" colum displayed "NULL". Hence no graph.

Try4 : Using "Custom data - SNMP data" option of "predefined data sources" option. No SNMP data source is found on the remote machine.

Can any body tell me what I am missing..?
    How to monitor Linux OS data like running processes and their details..?
    What shall I do on Linux machine to enable it for remote monitoring..?

Sorry for the big mail.
    Regards,
    Prasad.

------------------
    Software Engineer,
    Vanenburg BusinessIT Solutions, Hyderabad.
    Software Engineer,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Monitoring Oracle and Apache servers which are running on Linux

Hello friends,
    I found the reason behind the problem and also slution.
    To monitor Linux OS and Apache server, the "rexec" service has to be up and running on the Linux machine. And also "rexec" service default port 512 should be out side the Linux network firewall. To make the port 512 firewall free, we have to add the following line to the "/etc/sysconfig/ipchains" file.
    "-A input -s 0/0 -d 0/0 512 -p tcp -y -j ACCEPT"

To monitor Oracle, SNMP support has to me installed. This is for your information.

Regards,
    Prasad.

------------------
    Software Engineer,
    Software Engineer,