1) Normal time to complete a profile and update further info takes 5 -10min per person, but if we run
100 vusers at a time then is it correct to give 1 hour for completing the test?
2)How much time i need to give for 10 Vusers?
3)What is a transaction ? if we are updating a profile , is it one transaction if we fill one field or is it one transaction if we fill all the fields and click on update button?
4)why we need to click on "TRUE LOG EXPLORER"?
5)What is think time? How much think time i need to give for a profile update?
6)What is stress test ? How can i know the stress on the application?
7) In FileCSVLoad we need to give " hFile, File_name, "comma" "
What is meant by File after h ? I mean if i am using a file containing all the user_ids and passwords and saved as update.txt, what is the hFile i need to specify? is it FileCSVLoad (hFile, update.txt, ",")? or (hupdate, update.txt, ","); or anything else?
8)How to convert an excel file in to CSV FILE?
9)Can you tell me the procedure of load testing? I have already seen the Web tutorial and also help topics in the silk performer. I want to know real time procedure.
[This message has been edited by lakshmi002 (edited 12-01-2002).]
1) and 2) It depends on your application.
3) Everything between transaction T1 begin and end T1; is a transaction. So you specify what happens in a transaction.
4)in TrueLogExplorer you can see the results of your requests and everything sent to the server and returned from the server. It is very helpful to understand the application to find errors in the application or in the script.
5) Thinktime is the time the user needs to fill out the form or to sent the next request. There is no traffic between client and server.
6) A Stresstest is a test without thinktime. So every request is sent immediatly to the server.
7) hFile is the handle to use in further calls to access the files content.
8) In Excel you can use the save as dialog. specify the type csv.
A threshold is the acceptable time limits that you will tolerate for a transaction. If you read the online help in SP, you will find what you need to know. Open SP, hit the F1 key on your keyboard, click on the index tab on the help screen, and type in
Your answer is there, I won't replicate it here.
I have recorded the script and modified it for 100 V users by giving FileCSVLoad function and added datafile in CSV format .I gave Increasing work load and 100 Vusers started with 10 users and increase 10 vusers for every 1 second. Is it ok?
But my script is of no errors when i compiled and gave results with out data flow how can this be possible? do i need to change the settings? or do i need to change any thing further?
[This message has been edited by lakshmi002 (edited 12-05-2002).]