SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Points for Confirmed Friends

Function in a script to see the workload

Are their any functions with which I can see the entire Workload distribution within a script?
    If anyone knows or has done something like this just give me some hints on how to?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Function in a script to see the workload

Why would you want to do this within a script? The Workload distribution can be 'monitored' as the load test is running on the controller machine, and if you have version 5.0 then the all-day workload model is represented in graphical form.

------------------

We have some custom files which are formatted in a meta language and the test case is embedded in this.
    Now the script(s) should be able to pull out the right test case for a given VUser.
    I want to see the workload within the script and distribute the tests in the beginning.
    Is this posssible?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I think this is a very reasonable requirement. There are many situations where you would want full programmatic control (i.e., via BDL in the scripts) over the workload, and not have to go through the rather poor Silk Performer GUI (Workload Configuration dialog). In my view this is one of the major shortcomings of Silk Performer.

For example, for a recent project I had 80 different scripts/user types, to each of which I wanted to assigned a different number of vusers. This is a pain to do via the Workload Configuration dialog, especially when every time I wanted to increase the load I had to change the number of vusers assigned to each script. This is something that is crying out for programmatic control.

------------------

Is their any way that I can get hold of the workload file?
    Where is the workload file stored and in waht format is it stored?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reevnat:
    Is their any way that I can get hold of the workload file?
    Where is the workload file stored and in waht format is it stored?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The "workload file" is part of the project file (*.ltp). Its format is XML.

------------------