Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unique data values

I am looking to use SilkPerformer for performance testing of PeopleSoft. However, each transaction needs to have a unique value (i.e. Voucher ID field needs to be unique).

How do I specify this in my script?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unique data values

Which version of PeopleSoft? Which module and what does your transaction do?

If you cannot just use NEXT as the voucher id, try something like the following:

// determine a good unique voucher number based on date, time, userID and agentID
    nDate := GetCurrentDate();
    nTime := GetCurrentTime();
    FormatDateTime(nDate, nTime, "%m%d%y-%H%M%S", sStamp);
    gsNewVoucherNumber := "VNUM-" + string (GetAgentID ()) + string (GetUserID ()) + "-" + sStamp;

In theory this will work as long as the voucher number field allows the string length. I believe it will fit in less than 25 characters.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mhansen (edited 04-22-2002).]
    Now a customer...and at the mercy of support, services, and development just like the rest of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I discovered we are using NEXT for voucher ID, but we still need a random number for Invoice ID. It would be able to be any number (i.e. 1-100). Our system looks at the combination of voucher ID and invoice ID and verifies the combo is unique. Thanks!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, you could just use RndUniN to generate a random number, but there's little guarantee that that'd be unique between users. In combination with the other number, it might be.

You could also use GetUserID. That'd be unique among user. For multi-machine tests you could use (GetAgentID ()+ 1) * GetUserID to be unique for each user.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com

[This message has been edited by dcreed (edited 04-25-2002).]
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.