SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Points for Confirmed Friends

How to verify login failures

Hi ,

I am running a script for 5 virtual users , i am using filecsvload to import the usernames and passwords , In that i have included one invalid userid , how can i verify that error in silk performer...Is there any possibility to verify the login failure in silk performer ....

Thanks in advance ,

Loga

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to verify login failures

Not sure exactly what you mean.
    If you want to see the login failure, you could look in the logs.

If you want to check in the script, you could do a parseresponsedata type command to check what is returned by the server.

Regards,
    Bruce.

hi bruce ,

ParseResponseHeader works well for one virtual user , but when i am running the test for 5 users i am not able to see the output file , so , in that case how can i get the response from the server .

hi bruce ,

ParseResponseHeader works well for one virtual user , but when i am running the test for 5 users i am not able to see the output file , so , in that case how can i get the response from the server .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

WebParseResponseHeader() or WebParseResponseData() will look at the next header or page loaded by each virtual user that calls the function. If you need to monitor the results while the test is running then try using one of those functions with the Print() function to show the success or failure in the Monitor during test execution. For a longer test where you want to save the results for later use a function like WriteErr() to indicate when a login failure happens.
    Something to keep in mind about the WebParseResponse* functions is that they almost always return TRUE because their return value is not based on finding the data specified but on the creation of the parsing modifier (which I've never had fail). In most cases you need to take the string variable you store the parsed data in and pass it to another function like StrSearchDelimited to find out if it actually grabbed what you wanted.
    In your case you might want to do something like:

sSomeString : string init "";
    WebParseResponseData(sSomeString);
    WebFormSubmit(LoginForm);
    If StrSearchDelimited(sSomeString, "Login Failed") Then
    WriteErr("Login Failed" + TimeIndicator);
    sSomeString := "";

Obviously this won't work verbatim but gives you some idea of how you can keep track of login failures during execution

There is also page validation possible with Performer but I never tried using it myself. If the page appearing after successful login is pretty consistent for each user you may want to look into that instead.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loganathan:
    hi bruce ,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi loganathan,
    Each user runs independently from the other users, so it does not make any difference how many users you run. You can turn on/off the generation of result files in the profile settings dialog, "Replay/Results/General".
    After the test is finished, you can conveniently open any resultfile by right clicking on a vuser in the monitor window and choosing from the context menu.

Depending on how a login failure is indicated you can use the WebParse* family of functions (like others already have mentioned), but have a look at the WebVerify* functions, because these are specially designed for your purpose.

I don't recommend to get the entire response through WebParseResponseData and then parsing it with StrSearchDelimited, because this imposes an unnecessary memory and CPU requirement on your vusers.
    Use WebParseResponseData only to get a (small sized) searchstring, or use WebVerifyContent if you just need to verify the occurrence of strings without storing it in a variable.

hope this helps, and good luck
    Guenter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I use the WebVerifyResponseData() function and the verification digests. It's a little heavy on the maintenance side because you will need to re-record the pages for new builds, but it works well. You could have two functions, one for logging on successfully an done for logging on unsuccessfully. In each case, you could record a verfiifcation digest to confirm the application is returning an appropriate response.

This way, you can simulate the numbers of errors you are expecting your application to handle and be confident that your script is working.

-s

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A raw method. While rrcording make login as a transaction and in results file look whether this one is passed or not.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree