There are some webpageback function calls in my script when I record it.
But sometime when I recorded it again in new build, these function are not there or more added or become webpageback(2) etc.
Because of this sometime my context is lost and VU behave in abnormal way.
Should i catch the neck of developer that why this happen (give us constant build) or is there any other solution or this is expected and i need to record it for every build to cross check?
It sounds to me like they put in an additional re-direction which causes the webpageback function to have to navigate back 2 pages instead of 1. Without seeing the scripts side by side it's hard to do more than guess.
One thing you can check is the setting for in Performer is in the active profile ==> Web ==> Emulation => Document cache and history - make sure the document history size is greater than the number of page backs you have to do.
If you can get the developers to at least notify you of what's changing in the new builds that would help you, but good luck there.
Another thing you might look into is changing the recording settings under the active profile ==> Record ==> Web ==> Recording => Browser emulation level. Change it from Page based to Browser Level and that should change your scripts so that you NEVER see context sensitive commands again. (I think)
Browser level recording makes more sense ,but it do require that you dont have any dynamic data left untouched.