Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Minium Specs for Silk Central 12

I have QA Director on a Windows 2003 server. We have Microsoft SQL 2005.

Whats the Miminum Specs I would need to upgrade to, to run Silk Central 12 or the newest version.

The reason I'm confused, the Silk Centeral Requirements talk about an "execution server" and a Web server?
    Not sure what I need to upgrade.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Minium Specs for Silk Central 12

Hi
    SCTM have several components that needs to be installed.
    You can install them on the same machine, but the hardware requirements really depends on the number of concurrent users that will be in the system and the job they will do. For example if you do lots of reporting, it is recommended to install the chart server on a separate system or even several chart servers to balance the load.
    If you have just a few users, you can put the whole installation on one machine, with the listed configuration from release notes. (PIV or higher CPU, 2GB RAM, 10GB HDD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Exclamation Information on Moving to Silk Central 12 or 12.1

Quote Originally Posted by tubaloth View Post
    I have QA Director on a Windows 2003 server. We have Microsoft SQL 2005.

Whats the Miminum Specs I would need to upgrade to, to run Silk Central 12 or the newest version.

The reason I'm confused, the Silk Centeral Requirements talk about an "execution server" and a Web server?
    Not sure what I need to upgrade.
    Thanks
    The latest version of Silk Central is 12.1 which was released in December.

Silk Central installation consists of a number of components which can be installed on a single server of can be distributed across servers dependant on you concurrent user base and user volumes.

Silk Central has the following which are server components.

Web Server
    Front End Server
    Chart Server

Execution server is typicall deployed on the end client machine where you will be doing your automated test execution and as such is only required for running automated test scripts. It is not required for the execution of manual tests. So dependant on your usage scenario, but typicall you will install when required where you have your automated tools installed and AUT.

Please check to see that your Windows 2003 and SQL 2005 are at right patch level according to system requirements .

[URL="http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.microfocus.sctm.doc%2FSCTM-4222240C-UPGRADING-TSK.html"]

If you are moving from QA Director to Silk Central you will need to have fresh install of Silk Central on your server (performing a standard Silk Central Install through install wizard will install all necessary components on your server, if you do not have IIS on your server it will install with tomcat webservice and configure) once this is done you will be ready to connect to your DB.

DB is created at point you connect to silk central you will just need to know your SQL Server details, admin account (example with sa level permissions) and then when you do the connect to the DB it will create the silk central DB for you direct. Once done you are ready to login to Silk Central.

Migration of you data from QADirector to Silk Central is then done using a Migration utility. For info reference

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...57316858,d.d2k

please also contact Microfocus Support direct

http://www.microfocus.com/about/cont...ssistance.aspx
    E-mail: supportline@microfocus.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Slow Silk Test

I guess I'll put this here...

So we installed Microsoft Server 2012 64 bit edition on a VM.

With SQL Server 2012 64 bit edition.
    I didn't really know what I needed to actually install (I wanted just the database) but I probably installed other things.

This is running on 1 core 4gb 60 gb VM.

This server is running Silk Central... I assume Silk Central needed to be installed on the server?

(I guess in theory the Database server I guess could be on another box... )

From looking at the system resourcees I never see the CPU get much above 10%. Most of the time its in the 6-4% range
    But the SQL Server is taking up around 3gb. (which is probably normal)

The problem we are having is when I open Silk Test (connected to the server db) it takes a while to "load".
    You know when you log into silk test, in the bottom left corner there is a green progress bar, I assume pulling things from the server. This takes around 15-18 seconds to load.
    Then when you try to open a .NET script it takes 12-15 seconds to load. Getting results after a script has run again takes maybe 8 seconds.

We can't figure out why this is.
    Its all on our own network (I assume 100mbs connection)
    The reason I bring that up is because it just seems like I have slow download speeds.

Any idea?

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Great ! your Minium Specs for Silk Central 12 post.I really like you.Thanks for sharing use ful information.