Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Run an executable file remotly

Hi!

I try to trigger the execution of an exe-file on a remote machine. Therefor, I use the test type "Process Executor Test". If I put the exe-file in the Windows folder, everything works fine, but if the exe is somewhere else, SilkCentral reports the message below. I have already put the folder, where my exe is placed, in the system variable "PATH". It didn't work either. Do you have any ideas what I have to consider?

John

-----------------------------------------------

start 'MyTest.exe'
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "MyTest.exe" (in directory "c:\tmp"): CreateProcess error=2, Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java :459)
    at com.segue.scc.util.exec.ProcessControllerBase.star tExecution(ProcessControllerBase.java:239)
    at com.segue.scc.util.exec.ProcessControllerBase.star tProcess(ProcessControllerBase.java:286)
    at com.segue.tm.published.api.testlaunch.ExtProcessTe stLaunchBean.runExternalProcess(ExtProcessTestLaun chBean.java:66)
    at com.borland.sctm.testlauncher.ProcessExecutor.exec ute(ProcessExecutor.java:72)
    at com.segue.tm.execserver.planning.internal.ThirdPar tyTestRunner.invoke(ThirdPartyTestRunner.java:60)
    at com.segue.scc.util.threading.AsyncExecution.run(As yncExecution.java:70)
    at com.segue.scc.util.threading.ThreadPoolWorker.run( ThreadPoolWorker.java:24)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.jav a:81)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java :452)
    ... 7 more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Run an executable file remotly

Hi,

I finnaly found the problem: The test type "ProcessExecutor Test" offers three properties:
    - Executable name
    - Argument List
    - Working folder

As is inferred from the names, executable name ist the name of the exe-file (e.g. MyTest.exe) and the working folder defines the folder in which this exe-file can be found (e.g. C:\MyTestFolder\).

But that's not right. The field "Executable name" must define the full path to the exe (e.g. C:\MyTestFolder\MyTest.exe) and the field "Working folder" can be omitted.

"Working folder" defines the place from which SilkCentral Execution Server Process starts the exe-file. All files (logs) which the Execution Server Process will find in this folder after the exe-file has finished, will be forwarded to the SilkCentral database.
    The best solution is to omit the field "Working folder". In this case, SilkCentral will create a new, unique working folder for every run. This prevents that log files from previous runs will be mixed with new one.